Our residential nursing home in West Sussex offers exceptional respite care for elderly people who need 24/7 support following an operation or illness, or while their regular carer takes a well-earned break.
Interested in our elderly respite care? Call us on 01903 830600 or complete the form below.
What is elderly respite care?
We understand that being a full-time carer can be a very demanding role. Often, the care that’s provided may need to be increased so a respite break is arranged to give a carer a break from their care-related duties. This is particularly common when friends or family members are acting as a carer and allows them time to look after their own health and well-being. Respite care can also be required when the primary carer cannot offer the support needed at a certain time. For example, after an operation when increased assistance is required.
Benefits of respite care for the elderly
- Experience a change of scenery – A simple change of scenery can be extremely stimulating for those being cared for. The accommodation at Country Lodge is designed to make you feel at home so your loved one can enjoy a comfortable stay.
- Improved health and wellbeing for the carer – Allows the carer time to interact with family, friends and the wider community, as well as looking after their own health and wellbeing.
- New interactions – Respite allows the person receiving care valuable interaction with other people. To find out what our residents get up to in Country Lodge care home, read our blog page here, or follow our Facebook page for updates.
- Prepare for full-time residential care – Frequent respite care breaks can better prepare a person for transition to full-time life in a residential care home.
“Country Lodge is a lovely nursing home which looked after my Dad very well for 6 months following an operation. The location is lovely – in the foothills of the South Downs. The staff are welcoming and friendly and many of them struck up a warm relationship with my Dad. All in all I have been very happy with Country Lodge and recommend it.” – Malcolm, parent of a resident
Accommodation for elderly respite care
Our nursing home in West Sussex has a wide range of accommodation available for elderly respite care.
Each room has its own unique atmosphere and décor and is fitted with an attractive and comfortable fully profiling bed. Also, included is a telephone, TV and 24 hr call service. Most of our rooms have ensuite facilities and many have garden views as well. We always encourage residents to bring photos and ornaments from their home, making it a more personal space for residents to enjoy some quiet time.
Find out more information about our Garden Wing by clicking here.
How to get respite care
If you’re looking for an elderly respite care home in West Sussex, Country Lodge could be the ideal place for your loved one. To start the process, give us a call on 01903 830600 and speak to a member of our team about any questions you may have. Alternatively, email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill in a contact form. We can arrange a no-obligation showround of our home, giving you the chance to talk to our nurses on duty, meet the residents and visit our accommodation and garden areas.
We look forward to welcoming you to our home.
Below we have listed some of the additional articles that we have written about how we deliver elderly care to our residents.
- Why elderly care is so important >>
- Why choose Country Lodge when looking for a Multiple Sclerosis nursing home in West Sussex? >>
- Looking for a Parkinson’s care home in West Sussex? Reasons to choose Country Lodge >>
- Is early intervention important for elderly care? Advice from a nursing home in West Sussex >>