Christmas is almost upon us, and your mind is probably occupied with present wrapping, decorating the tree and hosting family festivities. However, finding a suitable care home with nursing for your loved one might also be on your to-do-list.
This is the next in a series of articles on the West Sussex towns and villages surrounding Country Lodge. This time we are focusing on Storrington. If you’re looking for a Storrington care home or a care home near Storrington for your loved one in the new year, it will be worth organising a showround at Country Lodge, a wonderful care home with kind nursing expertise close by.
This article outlines facts about the village of Storrington, as well as why Country Lodge could be a great option if you’re looking for care homes in Storrington, West Sussex and the surrounding areas.
Facts about Storrington
Storrington is a large village in the Horsham District of West Sussex, which lies on the north side of the popular South Downs. Despite only having a very small population of around 4,600 people, the town thrives with community activities like charitable walks around the South Downs and a bustling High Street of various shops including delicatessens, clothes shops, coffee shops, estate agencies, banks and even its very own museum full of the village’s history!
The nearest large town is Worthing, approximately 10 miles to the south, followed by Horsham, approximately 13 miles north. Mainline train services are from Pulborough or Amberley and an average train to London can take as little as an hour to get to Victoria. Trains to Gatwick Airport are only a short 25 minute drive. Due to the close proximity to Worthing, and the excellent transport links, Country Lodge could be an ideal care home in West Sussex for your loved one to reside in.
Popular activities in Storrington this season
- Enjoy late night shopping in the village shops as they’ll be staying open as late as 8pm in the run-up to Christmas.
- Spend Christmas in a cozy log cabin located in Storrington and Sullington. This could be the perfect option if you’re wanting to stay close to your loved one at Country Lodge at Christmas.
- Enjoy a winter’s walk outside of the village, there is walking access to the 100-mile-long trail, the South Downs Way.
- Explore the villages rich history by visiting the Storrington and District Museum. The museum not only covers Storrington, but the surrounding villages of Amberley, Ashington, Bury, Sullington, Thakeham, and many more which all surround Country Lodge.
- Organise a day trip to Arundel Castle & Gardens which has been a popular tourist attraction for over 200 years! This is just 20 minutes from Storrington, and a short 10 minute drive from our care home.
Why should you choose Country Lodge when looking for a Storrington care home?
Although we know you’ll probably want to wait until the new year to move your loved one into a care home, there is also still time and space available at Country Lodge for if you wanted to have them settled in before Christmas.
We make Christmas special for our residents
Although you might miss the pre-Christmas festive activities, the big day itself is always a jolly affair! As you’d expect, Christmas day is full of wonderful homemade food, including a turkey dinner with all the trimmings, cheesy Christmas cracker jokes, gifts and smiles all round.
Many of our resident’s families come to join the festivities, including the all-important Christmas lunch (we won’t let anyone leave hungry). The residents are certainly not short of being spoilt as there are also plenty of presents to go around too.
The fun doesn’t stop after Christmas
Our nurses and residents don’t stop the festivities after the 25th, as our care home in West Sussex on the edge of the South Downs National Park is always full of laughter, music, and our residents families are always welcome, no matter what the occasion.
Throughout the year, we take pride in keeping our residents happy and occupied with various activities, games and visits from the locals.
- Celebrating each resident’s birthday with a homemade birthday cake
- Inviting local musicians to play to our residents
- Regular quizzes organised by our lovely team
- Setting up bowling lanes for our residents to enjoy
- The annual garden party which is accompanied by a raffle
- Much, much more
We also look after your loved one’s wellbeing, with regular visits from physiotherapists, hairdressers and other local professionals.
Get to know Country Lodge
Whether you decide to move your loved one into a care home before Christmas, or wait until the new year, Country Lodge will be able to help answer any of your questions about Storrington care homes, or care homes in the surrounding areas.
We love welcoming people into our care home which is centrally placed in West Sussex and very conveniently accessed via the A27 and A24. It gives you the chance to meet our residents and speak to our qualified nurses and staff on duty. On your visit, we will give you a tour of our home and beautiful gardens facing the South Downs. To organise a showround, email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call on 01903 830600 to start your care home journey.